Saturday, September 27, 2008

你好!

(my Facebook post -- I am trying to keep everything here at Blogspot)

So it's been a week since I took off from New York en route to Shanghai, and it's been an interesting and busy week. I had been hoping to do some posts on my blog, tarasmc.wordpress.com, but it's hard to access and update it from China so I guess it will have to stagnate for the time being. (But you can check out my travel map which I posted to one of the latest entries.)

In any event, I hope to keep a pseudo-blog here!

To start things off, some photos from outside my apartment balcony in downtown Shanghai:


View across People's Square (人民广场). An exquisitely evil-looking building towering high above the park. I'll post a comment when I figure out what the building is.


Like in midtown Manhattan, when you're looking across the city from one tall building, all you can see is .... other tall buildings!


A rooftop garden or walking area with a water fountain.

No comments: